When launching a secure Questionmark assessment, Questionmark Secure will either automatically open or ask you to confirm that you want to open Questionmark Secure.
This page includes the following sections:
If you haven't already, Install Questionmark Secure for Windows.
Make sure popups are enabled in your browser before launching a secure assessment.
To start a secure assessment:
- Log in to Questionmark.
- Find the desired secure assessment, and click the start button.
- If all prohibited applications haven't been closed, you'll be prompted to close them. Close any prohibited applications, and then click Launch assessment in the tab that opened.
Questionmark Secure opens and the assessment begins.
Questionmark Secure disables system keys such as Ctrl+Alt+Del. This means that once Questionmark Secure is running, the only way that you can access other programs is to exit it or to turn off or reset your computer.
Questionmark Secure takes over your computer to deliver secure content, and the only way to exit it is to click the Exit button. You should ensure that you save any work prior to running a secure assessment, as you will not be able to access it or return to it until Questionmark Secure exits. Your administrator may configure secure content so that no Exit button appears until the end of secure content. In this case, there's no way to exit a secure assessment other than turning off/resetting your computer.
Like the PC and Mac versions of Questionmark Secure, Questionmark Secure for iPad will open automatically whenever your iPad encounters secure Questionmark content.
If you are taking a secure assessment on an iPad, and need to install Questionmark Secure, click here.
To start a secure assessment on an iPad:
- Tap a URL that links to a Questionmark Secure assessment (this might be on a website, in an email or text message, from an LMS portal, etc.).
- Tap Open in Questionmark Secure. You'll see an error message pop up that states a Guided Access session needs to be activated before the assessment will launch. If you haven't already enabled the Guided Access feature on your iPad, see Enabling Guided Access for instructions.
- Triple-click the Home button.
- Tap the Start button in the upper right-hand corner. A Guided Access session is now running, and the assessment will now launch.
- Once you've completed and submitted the assessment, you'll receive a message stating that you've completed the assessment, and at this point you can deactivate the Guided Access session. Triple-click the Home button.
- Enter your four-digit Guided Access passcode to deactivate the Guided Access session.
- Tap the End button in the upper left-hand corner. You can now exit the Questionmark Secure for iPad app.